Attention O Level/ IGCSE students preparing for CAIEs!
The Module 03/04 is the part of a four-module set of the exam prep course for students preparing for O Level/ IGCSE English exam.
It is offered in January, May and September annually.
Course Duration: One Month (10+ sessions)
Mode of Learning: Live Online Classes (Via Google Meet)
Days: Mon, Tue & Wed
Class Timings: 07:00 pm – 07:45 pm (Pakistan Standard Time)
Trial Class Available!
Want to attend the trial class before buying this course? Book your trial class now!
What Topics Will Be Covered In Module 03/04?
In this module, you will learn the paper-solving techniques using past papers (2023 paper pattern) for the following topics:
- Improving Language and Accuracy: A* Sentence Variation Methods, Punctuation, Paragraphing & Formal Vocabulary
- Formal Letter Writing: Format, Features, Language & Techniques For Writing Informative, Complaint and Application Letters
- Argumentative Essay Writing: Format, Features, Language & Techniques
Name: Ms. Abeerah Jawed
A seasoned English Teacher, Teacher Trainer, Literacy Coordinator, and practicing ESL Instructor with over 10 years of professional teaching experience in international schools (Scarsdale International School, Beaconhouse Newlands & Learning Alliance). I am a highly committed, energetic, and experienced middle and senior school English Teacher, bringing effective instructional skills to significantly improve student growth and development, and possess a proven ability to effectively augment students’ English language skills.
- Extensive teaching experience of 10 years as an English Teacher at renowned international schools including Scarsdale International School, Beaconhouse Newlands & Learning Alliance.
- Successfully taught over 500 students in developing their English literacy and language skills.
- Students’ and parents’ satisfaction rate was maintained at around 80% level.
- Effectively prepared students to consistently achieve better grades with around 70% being A* and A grades in the CAIE exams.
- Improved students’ test results by more than 40% resulting in reduced English remedial enrolments by 50% each year.
- Strategically mentored teachers in effective lesson planning and curriculum implementation.
- Organized school-wide literacy events.
- Creatively supported Chinese/ foreign students in learning English as a second language.
- Google Certified Educator – Level 01
- Cognia e-Prove Certified Observer
- TESOL certified from University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
- Certified in Transitioning to Teaching Language Online (TTLO) from CARLA, University of Minnesota, USA
- Teaching Knowledge Test from Cambridge University, UK
- Teaching Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills from British Council, Lahore
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert
- Problem-Based Learning – Microsoft Education
- Diploma of Reflective Practitioners (DRP) – Beaconhouse
- Certificate of Early Childhood Education – Gowrie Victoria, Open Universities, Australia
Education: Masters in Business Administration
Key Skills & Expertise:
English Language Teaching, O Level English Teaching, ESL Teaching, English Literacy Coaching, English Language Training, English Lesson Planning, Student Mentoring, PBL Unit Planning, Student-Centered Teaching, Classroom Management, Grammar Teaching, Performance Assessment, Behavior Management, Parent-Teacher Communication, and Online Teaching.
Online Educational & Social Activities:
- Blogging on learning & teaching English (Abeez Journal).
- Educational products design & development (Abeez Journal Shop and TPT-Literix Store).
- Self-paced educational courses design & development (Udemy-Literix Profile).
- Professional influencer on Quora (Quora-Abeerah Jawed Profile) with 13K+ followers on 08 Quora Spaces: Grammar and Punctuation, Teacher Training, English Teacher Resources, Vocabulary & Word Choice, Writing Techniques, Setting in Literature, English Language Writing, and Student Resources.
- Social influencer with 1.5K+ followers on Facebook Pages (Literix, Abeez Journal), Facebook Groups (O Level English Help, Grammar and Punctutation, Vocabulary and Word Choice), Instagram profiles (Literix, Abeez Journal), Pinterest (Literix, Abeez Journal) and YouTube channels (Literix, Abeez Journal).
What Will You Learn?
- Learn and apply A* writing strategies while attempting the formal letter and argumentative writing tasks and use sentence variation, punctuation and paragraphing for a deliberate effect.
- Understand assessment criteria and compose writing to score higher band.
- Learn and practise writing strategies to improve performance in the Writing Paper (Paper 01).
- Under the guidance of the teacher, learn and apply A* tips and tricks to ace the formal letter and argumentative writing tasks.
Improving Language and Accuracy
Varying Sentence Structures & Punctuation
Paragraphing and Vocabulary
Formal Letter Writing – Directed Writing
Formal Letter Writing Question, Mark Scheme, Format, Features & Assessment Criteria
Formal Letter Writing – Model Letter, A* Tools & Writing Informative Letters
Informative Formal Letter Writing – Assignment 01
Past Paper Question – Writing Complaint Letters
Complaint Letter Writing – Assignment 02
Argumentative Essay Writing – Composition
Argumentative Essay Writing Question, Mark Scheme, Format, Features & Assessment Criteria
Argumentative Essay Writing – Model Essay, A* Tools & Planning
Argumentative Essay Writing – Assignment 01
Argumentative Essay Writing: Past Paper Question – Writing The Essay
Argumentative Essay Writing – Assignment 02