Mastering Composition, Language And Accuracy For O Level/ IGCSE English
This is an online course via live classes for O Level 1123/ IGCSE 0510 English students.
Why Is Mastering Composition, Language and Accuracy Important?
The composition section offers five creative writing questions, out of which the candidates need to attempt one question. This section carries a significant score that one should not overlook. One of the most serious mistakes students make is to ignore this section of the writing paper and leave it to the last minute preparation, and this is what one must not do.
Language and accuracy include the use of vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling. Not only is it critically assessed in this part of the exam paper, but also plays an important role in the assessment of directed writing section and reading paper. Regardless of the question you choose to attempt in the composition section, the examiners scrutinise your choice of precise and wide vocabulary while maintaining sentence variation for a deliberate effect and expression. They will also assess your ability to spell words, punctuate sentences and use grammar correctly.
How Will This Course Boost Your Composition, Language And Accuracy Skills?
You will learn:
- Composition essay planning techniques.
- A* writing strategies to compose excellent compositions.
- To showcase proficiency in language usage and accuracy through your composition.
- To attempt the exam questions exhibiting correct spellings, proper punctuation and appropriate use of grammar.
- Writing techniques for narrative, argumentative and descriptive essays.
- To understand the assessment criteria and compose writing to score a higher band.
- Exclusive tips and tricks to ace the composition section.
Mastering Composition, Language and Accuracy is offered in March, June, September, and December annually.
ADMISSIONS OPEN – Limited Seats Available – Max 15 Students Allowed!
Course Duration: One Month
Mode of Learning: Live Online Classes (Via Google Meet)
Days: Mon, Tue & Wed (03 days per week)
Class Timings: 07:00 pm – 07:45 pm (Pakistan Standard Time)
Trial Class Available!
Want to attend the trial class before buying this course? Book your trial class now!
This course is a part of Mastering O Level/ IGCSE English series.
Other courses in this series are:
- Mastering Reading Skills for O Level/ IGCSE English
- Mastering Directed Writing for O Level/ IGCSE English
- Full-Length P1 and P2 Mock Exam for O Level English
- Full-Length P1 and P2 Mock Exam for IGCSE English
Join Literix Support Group on Facebook
Visit Instructor’s Profile
Any questions about this course? Contact instructor on Facebook community chat!
What Will You Learn?
- Narrative Essay Writing: Overview, Mark Scheme, Elements, Structure & Techniques.
- Argumentative Essay Writing: Format, Features, Language & Techniques.
- Descriptive Essay Writing: A* Tools For Writing Effective Descriptive Essays.
- Improving Language and Accuracy: A* Sentence Variation Methods, Punctuation, Paragraphing & Vocabulary.
- Paper-solving techniques and examiner tips using past papers (2023 paper pattern) for the topics covered in this course.
Narrative Essay Writing
Narrative Writing Question, Model Essay, Mark Scheme & Narrative Elements
Narrative Essay Writing – Assignment 01
Narrative Essay Writing Techniques: Plot, Openers & Pacing
Narrative Essay Writing – Assignment 02
Narrative Essay Writing Techniques: Story Endings
Narrative Essay Writing – Assignment 03
Argumentative Essay Writing – Composition
Argumentative Essay Writing Question, Mark Scheme, Format, Features & Assessment Criteria00:00
Argumentative Essay Writing – Model Essay, A* Tools & Planning00:00
Argumentative Essay Writing – Assignment 01 (Guided Practice)
Argumentative Essay Writing: Past Paper Question – Writing The Essay00:00
Argumentative Essay Writing – Assignment 02 (Independent Practice)
Descriptive Essay Writing – Composition
Descriptive Writing Question, Model Essay, Mark Scheme & Elements of A Descriptive Essay00:00
Descriptive Essay Writing – Assignment 01 (Guided Practice)
Descriptive Writing Techniques & Examples00:00
Descriptive Essay Writing – Assignment 02 (Independent Practice)
Improving Language and Accuracy
Varying Sentence Structures00:00
Using Punctuation Correctly00:00
Paragraphing and Vocabulary00:00