Mastering Reading Skills For O Level/ IGCSE English
This is an online course via live classes for O Level 1123/ IGCSE 0510 English students.
Why Is Mastering Reading Skills Important?
Mastering excellent reading skills is critical because they enable you to read the questions in the exam paper closely and identify their requirements which helps you to write relevant and to-the-point answers.
How Will This Course Boost Your Reading Skills?
You will learn:
- Question-attacking strategies to understand the questions’ requirements.
- A* reading strategies to select relevant ideas from the passages.
- Attempt the exam questions according to the questions’ requirements.
- Practise reading strategies to improve performance in Reading Paper.
- Vocabulary, comprehension, and summary writing skills.
- Exclusive tips and tricks to ace the Reading Paper.
Mastering Reading Skills is offered in February, May, August, and November annually.
ADMISSIONS OPEN – Limited Seats Available – Max 15 Students Allowed!
Course Duration: One Month
Mode of Learning: Live Online Classes (Via Google Meet)
Days: Mon, Tue & Wed (03 days per week)
Class Timings: 07:00 pm – 07:45 pm (Pakistan Standard Time)
Trial Class Available!
Want to attend the trial class before buying this course? Book your trial class now!
This course is a part of Mastering O Level/ IGCSE English series.
Other courses in this series are:
- Mastering Composition, Language and Accuracy for O Level/ IGCSE English
- Mastering Directed Writing for O Level/ IGCSE English
- Full-Length P1 and P2 Mock Exam for O Level English
- Full-Length P1 and P2 Mock Exam for IGCSE English
Join Literix Support Group on Facebook
Visit Instructor’s Profile
Any questions about this course? Contact instructor on Facebook community chat!
What Will You Learn?
- Paper Pattern & Focus Skills Overview – Reading Paper
- Reading for Ideas, Summary Writing & Fact/ Opinion Questions
- Reading for Meaning – Comprehension Questions, Vocabulary and Meaning & Effect Questions
- Paper-solving techniques and examiner tips using past papers (2023 paper pattern) for the topics covered in this course.
Paper Pattern & Overview: Key Skills Assessed in Reading & Writing Papers
Syllabus Aims & Assessment Overview
Assessment Objectives, Skills and Weightage
Paper Pattern, Important Information & Sample Paper Walkthrough
Summary Writing: Reading for Ideas
Summary Writing Question, Mark Scheme & Reading To Select Ideas
Selecting Content Points/Ideas & Paraphrasing (Example Walkthrough)
Selecting Content Points/Ideas & Paraphrasing (Assignment 01 Part 1)
Writing A Coherent Summary (Example Walkthrough)
Writing A Coherent Summary (Assignment 1 – Part 2 Independent Practice)
Fact & Opinion Questions – Lecture and Guidance
Fact & Opinion Questions (H.W – Past Paper Practice Assignment)
Reading for Meaning: Comprehension Questions
Reading For Meaning: Passage 2 – Explicit Meaning Questions (Guided Practice) & Reasoning Questions
Answering ‘Own Words’, Implicit Meaning & Reasoning Questions
Explicit Meaning, Reasoning, Implicit Meaning & Own Words Questions Assignment 01
Answering Vocabulary Questions
Vocabulary Questions Quiz – Reading for Meaning (H.W Assignment)
Answering Meaning & Effect Questions
Meaning & Effect Questions – Past Paper Practice and Examples Explained
Meaning & Effect Question – Assignment (Independent Practice)