Discover the Easiest Step-By-Step Summary Writing Process that Top Students Are Following to Score an A* In O Level English Exam.
When writing a summary for your O Level English exam, copying text from the original passage is the worst thing you can do!
I believe any student can write an A* summary for his/her O Level English exam! YOU are no exception!
What if I tell you…
You Just Need To Follow This Proven & Easy 4-Step Process to get the best grade in this question?
If you’re an O Level English student, you already know that acing your reading paper means winning half the battle to score an A* in O Level English exam.
Unfortunately, most struggling students make the mistakes of copying words, choosing incorrect points, and not reading the question’s requirements.
They spend nights practicing the summary writing questions from past papers but without knowing the exact step-by-step process, they end up scoring poor grades in this question.
So, here IT IS… Your SAVIOR!
If you aren’t currently scoring the grade YOU want, then you are most likely MISSING what I am about to REVEAL in this course to help you ace your summary writing question. Enroll Now!
Note: You will need to download the linked questions and passages for the course assignments as you progress through the course. The final assignment includes the assignment PDF file.
Disclaimer: * The summary question and passages used in this course as a reference are from past papers (that are available to general public at the attached sources- linked below) and are not produced by us.
Name: Ms. Abeerah Jawed
A seasoned English Teacher, Teacher Trainer, Literacy Coordinator, and practicing ESL Instructor with over 10 years of professional teaching experience in international schools (Scarsdale International School, Beaconhouse Newlands & Learning Alliance). I am a highly committed, energetic, and experienced middle and senior school English Teacher, bringing effective instructional skills to significantly improve student growth and development, and possess a proven ability to effectively augment students’ English language skills.
- Extensive teaching experience of 10 years as an English Teacher at renowned international schools including Scarsdale International School, Beaconhouse Newlands & Learning Alliance.
- Successfully taught over 500 students in developing their English literacy and language skills.
- Students’ and parents’ satisfaction rate was maintained at around 80% level.
- Effectively prepared students to consistently achieve better grades with around 70% being A* and A grades in the CAIE exams.
- Improved students’ test results by more than 40% resulting in reduced English remedial enrolments by 50% each year.
- Strategically mentored teachers in effective lesson planning and curriculum implementation.
- Organized school-wide literacy events.
- Creatively supported Chinese/ foreign students in learning English as a second language.
- Google Certified Educator – Level 01
- Cognia e-Prove Certified Observer
- TESOL certified from University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
- Certified in Transitioning to Teaching Language Online (TTLO) from CARLA, University of Minnesota, USA
- Teaching Knowledge Test from Cambridge University, UK
- Teaching Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills from British Council, Lahore
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert
- Problem-Based Learning – Microsoft Education
- Diploma of Reflective Practitioners (DRP) – Beaconhouse
- Certificate of Early Childhood Education – Gowrie Victoria, Open Universities, Australia
Education: Masters in Business Administration
Key Skills & Expertise:
English Language Teaching, O Level English Teaching, ESL Teaching, English Literacy Coaching, English Language Training, English Lesson Planning, Student Mentoring, PBL Unit Planning, Student-Centered Teaching, Classroom Management, Grammar Teaching, Performance Assessment, Behavior Management, Parent-Teacher Communication, and Online Teaching.
Online Educational & Social Activities:
- Blogging on learning & teaching English (Abeez Journal).
- Educational products design & development (Abeez Journal Shop and TPT-Literix Store).
- Self-paced educational courses design & development (Udemy-Literix Profile).
- Professional influencer on Quora (Quora-Abeerah Jawed Profile) with 13K+ followers on 08 Quora Spaces: Grammar and Punctuation, Teacher Training, English Teacher Resources, Vocabulary & Word Choice, Writing Techniques, Setting in Literature, English Language Writing, and Student Resources.
- Social influencer with 1.5K+ followers on Facebook Pages (Literix, Abeez Journal), Facebook Groups (O Level English Help, Grammar and Punctutation, Vocabulary and Word Choice), Instagram profiles (Literix, Abeez Journal), Pinterest (Literix, Abeez Journal) and YouTube channels (Literix, Abeez Journal).
What Will You Learn?
- Follow an easy 4-step process to ace the summary writing question
- Read closely to understand the summary writing question and its requirements
- Identify key ideas to include in your summary
- Quickly check the relevance of the selected ideas
- Use different ways to to avoid 'Direct Lifting'
- Link ideas and bring coherence to the summary
- Vary sentence structures
- and finally, WRITE AN A* SUMMARY!
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION
The Four-Step Process For Writing A Summary For O Level English Paper00:22
The Four-Step-Process Quiz
SECTION 2: BEFORE READING THE PASSAGE
Reading The Question Requirements01:26
Understanding The Requirements And Tips02:16
Understanding Check – Quiz
SECTION 3: READING THE PASSAGE
Reading the Passage00:00
SECTION 4: STEP 1
Read and Identify Key Ideas00:00
SECTION 5: STEP 2
Check Relevance Using The DIERQ Method00:00
Notes 1(A) – First Section – Assignment 01
Listing Down Content Points And Check00:00
SECTION 6: STEP 3
The 4 R’s of Paraphrasing00:00
Paraphrasing With Examples And Explanation00:00
SECTION 7: STEP 4
1 (b) Writing The Summary00:00
Linking Points Using Transition Words And Phrases00:00
Varying Sentence Structure00:00
Linking Sentences Using Complex Sentences00:00
Using The Content Points For Writing The Summary00:00
Assignment 05 (Independent Practice Assignment)
Reading And Selecting Relevant Ideas (Independent Practice)00:00
Listing Down Relevant Content Points & Using The Listed Content Points To Write Summary00:00
4 Easy Steps Check00:00
Complete Summary And Summary Writing Checklist00:00