Terms And Conditions
- Policies And Procedures
- Terms And Conditions For Students
- Terms And Conditions For Instructors
- General Terms And Conditions
01. Policies And Procedures:
There are two main types of courses offered on the Literix website by registered instructors:
Type-01. On-demand/ Self-paced courses: On-Demand courses are made up of various content items such as videos, lesson slides, notes, PDFs, presentations, assignments, and quizzes that each student can proceed through at their own speed. Instead of a student having to join and review material at a specific time, they can go through the course content when it is convenient for them. These may be free or paid courses.
Type-02. Online courses via live classes: These courses meet in real-time online via a remote learning platform such as Google Meet or Zoom. Classes meet at regularly scheduled times and the students can interact with their instructor and their classroom peers in real time. The course content may include videos, classroom recordings, lesson slides, notes, assignments, and quizzes in addition to the real-time live classes conducted by the instructor. These will be paid courses but instructors may offer free trial classes to students before enrolment.
The policies and procedures are set as follows for both these types of courses:
- Registrations and enrolments are open throughout the year for type-01 courses. Whereas, type-02 courses will be conducted as per the schedule set by the respective instructors.
- The instructors are encouraged to generally set enrolment validity lifetime for type-01 courses; whereas, for type-02 courses, the enrolment validity may be set for XX number of days as per the scheduled classes by the respective instructors.
- Students can access the course content after purchasing the respective course unless it is a free course that is publicly available or some content of a premium course, such as a trial class, that is set by the instructor to be accessible publicly for free prior to enrolment.
- Generally, for both types of courses, the course fees are non-refundable. However, students may contact us if they would like to raise a dispute under special circumstances – like unavailability of the instructor, course not covered as per the topics mentioned, etc.
- In the case of type-02 courses, the free trial classes may be offered before receiving payment for the students to decide whether they would like to take up the course or not.
- For type-02 courses, public holidays will be observed by the instructor as per their local government’s schedule with no substitute sessions to be provided by the instructor. The instructor will provide substitute sessions in case of their non-availability for the scheduled class day. No substitute sessions will be provided by the instructor in case a student misses the scheduled sessions.
- The courses aim to facilitate students’ learning and augment students’ knowledge. So if the student fails to fulfill the minimum course requirements i.e attendance, assignment submission, class participation, quiz passing marks, etc., the instructor reserves the right to cancel the student’s enrolment.
- Literix is a project of ABM Consortium which is an FBR-registered company. Hence, all our course fees and/ or discounted fees are subjected to 17% GST, which is not included in the course fee mentioned on the course pages and rather added to the total purchase amount at the checkout.
02. Terms And Conditions For Students:
- Student registration on the Literix website is free. However, students will have to pay the course fee for the paid courses of their choice to access the course content. Read this article to learn about how to make payment for a paid course on the Literix website.
- Literix is an LMS-based website that provides ideal teaching and learning online environment for both instructors and students. Once the student is registered, they will be provided access to their feature-enriched LMS dashboard. Read this article to learn more about the LMS dashboard for students and how to use it.
- The student will be required to show good conduct and discipline in attending online classes and maintaining classroom decorum.
- The student provides their consent to use their classroom video recordings for administration and commercial purposes by the Literix team.
- The student and/ or their parent/ guardian will avoid contacting the instructor to pay/ exchange any monetary benefits and/ or other unethical favors.
- The student and/ or their parent/ guardian will report immediately contact us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if an instructor tries to contact them directly outside the Literix platform scope and scale for any purpose mainly for direct payments/ exchange of any monetary benefits and/ or other unethical favors.
- Students and/ or their parent/ guardian are strictly advised not to share any of their personal information (email, phone number, address, bank accounts, and/ or personal pics/ videos) with any instructor and/ or Literix team member directly other than the information requested through the official forms available on Literix website.
- Students are strictly prohibited from sharing/ distributing the Literix copyrighted material such as classroom information, course material, and resources (worksheets, assignments, presentations, wordlists, etc.) with anyone – directly or indirectly in any form (digital or print).
- Students are not allowed to record the course sessions without the written consent of the instructor.
- Students are encouraged to provide reviews, ratings, and testimonials about the instructor and/ or the course after they complete a course.
- Failing to comply with the above-stated terms and conditions may lead to student registration cancellation, confiscation of the course fees, and any legal action if needed.
- Literix will not take responsibility for any of the unfavorable consequences if the student and/ or their parent/ guardian establish direct contact with the instructors or Literix team members outside the Literix platform scope and scale.
- Literix will not be responsible for any payments made directly to any instructor or Literix team member other than payment deposits to the designated ABM Consortium Bank Accounts mentioned in our online checkout process. Any payments not deposited to the designated ABM Consortium Bank Accounts will not let the student access any paid course content on the Literix website.
Literix reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without any prior notice.
03. Terms And Conditions For Instructors:
Following are the terms and conditions to work with Literix as a registered online instructor on a revenue share basis. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and send us an email at email@example.com in case of any query in this regard. Please note that failure to comply with any of the following stated terms and conditions may result in the cancellation of your registration with Literix.
Section 01 – Registration And Types Of Courses:
- Instructor registration on the Literix website is currently free subject to the approval of Literix management. Read this article to learn how to join Literix as an instructor.
- For the safety and security of the students, Literix will verify that the instructor is a genuine teacher/ person and will verify their identity through CNIC and/ or academic transcripts, experience letters, and/ or mobile phone numbers.
- Literix is an LMS-based website that provides ideal teaching and learning online environment for both instructors and students. Once the instructor is registered, they will be provided access to their feature-enriched LMS dashboard. Read this article to learn more about the LMS dashboard for instructors and how to use it.
- The instructor can design and sell both types of multiple courses on the website, i.e. on-demand/ self-paced courses (type-01 courses) and online courses via live classes (type-02 courses).
- The courses will be reviewed and approved by the Literix management prior to publishing on the website.
- For on-demand courses (type-01 courses), the instructors must provide various course content items such as videos, lesson slides, notes, PDFs, presentations, assignments, and quizzes that each student can proceed through at their own speed. Instead of a student having to join and review material at a specific time, they can go through the course content when it is convenient for them. These may be free or paid courses as set by the instructors. Instructors will not be required to be available and/ or to conduct these types of courses per a specific schedule. However, instructors will have to answer enrolled students’ queries and provide feedback on their quizzes and/ or assignments. Read this article to learn how to publish an on-demand/ self-paced course on Literix.
- For online courses via live classes (type-02 courses), instructors will meet with students in real-time online via a remote learning platform such as Google Meet or Zoom. Classes will be conducted at regularly scheduled times and the students will be able to interact with their instructor and their classroom peers in real-time. The instructor must provide the real-time live class schedule along with the course content which may include videos, classroom recordings, lesson slides, notes, assignments, and quizzes. These will be paid courses but instructors may offer free trial classes to students before enrolment. Read this article to learn how to publish an online course via live classes on Literix.
- Instructors will set the price/ discounted price of their courses by themselves. An additional 17% GST will be applied to all the course set prices at the checkout. It is recommended that instructors should set reasonable prices for their courses. Also, it is advised that instructors should also offer basic free courses and/ or free lessons in paid courses and/ or a trial class (in case of to showcase their teaching style to prospective students.
- An instructor’s registration will be deactivated/ canceled if he/ she will fail to publish a course within the initial 06 months after registration.
- Literix also reserves the right to accept, reject or cancel any instructor application and/ or registration without any prior notice.
Section 02 – Discipline, Professionalism, And Ethics:
- The instructors will be disciplined, professional, and ethical to provide the valuable course content as claimed on the course page so that the students purchasing the course should not experience a mismatch between what was claimed and what has been provided.
- The instructors will be disciplined, professional, and ethical to conduct the online classes as per the provided schedule, timings, and duration.
- The instructor will ensure to complete the course per the provided course outline.
- The instructor will ensure to treat the students professionally and ethically.
- The instructor will neither ask the students and/ or their parents for their personal/ professional contact details (email, phone number, address, bank accounts, and/ or personal pics/ videos) nor share their own personal/ professional contact details (email, phone number, address, bank accounts, and/ or personal pics/ videos) with them before/ during or after the course.
- The instructor will not ask the students for any direct monetary benefits or any benefits in kind before/ during or after the course.
- The instructor will make sure to conduct the classes online only through Google Meet, and/ or Zoom. No other tool will be accepted for use to conduct the online classes.
- The instructor will ensure to provide a fair assessment and marking of the student’s performance in the course. No favoritism and/ or personal biasedness should influence the results of the students.
- In case the instructor fails to conduct a class as per the schedule, he/she will have to reschedule it within the course outline time frame and will inform the enrolled students accordingly through the LMS dashboard.
- Instructors must avoid absence from the agreed classes schedule. In case of a genuine reason for absence, the instructor should inform firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a makeup class for the enrolled students to maintain the pace of the course.
- The instructors are required to use a strong internet connection, laptops, and/ or desktops to conduct their online lessons. Any excuses related to internet issues that may affect the quality/ delivery of lessons, will not be accepted and may lead to deductions in the payments on a per-session basis. Mobiles and/ or tablets are not considered acceptable devices to conduct online lessons.
- Frequent excuses for not conducting online classes, and demonstrating habitual non-professional behavior will lead to severe consequences.
- If the instructor fails to comply with these terms and conditions, students may also raise a dispute that would result in hurting the instructor’s reviews and reputation on the website and may also lead to the cancellation of instructor registration with Literix.
- We expect the instructors to use their own/ genuine course materials for their classes. Any material reported to be fake/ stolen/ copied from some other sources without their prior permission may result in the cancellation of the instructor registration with Literix.
- Instructors must not persuade, bribe or threaten students to receive better reviews, ratings, and/ or testimonials from the students by any means.
- In case a student misbehaves with the instructor, the instructor must inform us at email@example.com with evidence of the incident to take the necessary measures.
Section 03 – Monetary Benefits, Reviews, And Marketing
- Literix is not obliged to pay any salaries and/ or other monetary benefits to the instructors. Literix offers a 65-35 revenue share-based earning model to its instructors with a 65% payout to the instructors of each net sale of the courses that they offer through Literix.
- For the courses, enrollments will be accepted and payments will be collected by Literix. Subsequently, a 65% revenue share of the course net sales (excluding 10% Promotion And Maintenance Charges) will be paid to the respective instructors, 45 days after the payment threshold of PKR 25,000 is achieved. Payment to instructors will be made through bank transfers to the bank accounts in their name only.
- Note that the 17% GST is not included in the course fee and is rather applied on top of the course fee. For a course fee of Rs 5,000/-, the 17% GST will be Rs 850/- and hence the course will be sold at Rs 5,850/-. The GST amount is paid by the students, it is collected by Literix on behalf of ABM Consortium, that is to be further paid in tax return to the Government by the end of each fiscal year. Hence, the GST amount is not accounted for in the instructor’s earnings.
- Students’ reviews, ratings, and testimonials are critical of selling/ reselling courses on our website. Hence, the instructors are strongly encouraged to achieve good reviews, and testimonials and maintain a good rating by extending remarkable services and offering good quality valuable courses at reasonable prices.
- Instructors can market their own courses offered through Literix across their social media networks to engage their potential audiences.
- Following sample values show how the instructor’s earnings are calculated:
(Excluding 17% GST)
Maintenance Charges (10%)
|Rs 5,000/-||Rs 500/-||Rs 4,500/-||Rs 2,925/-||Rs 1,575/-|
Section 04 – Discontinuation and registration cancellation
- The instructors may request to cancel their registration with a prior notice at any time provided that they are not having any pending tasks with regard to their offered courses and/ or for the enrolled students.
- The instructors will be required to provide at least 45 days prior notice before discontinuing their services offered through the Literix platform otherwise their pending payments will be forfeited and such instructors may also be blacklisted.
Literix reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without any prior notice.
04. General Terms And Conditions:
Welcome to Literix Educational Services – A project of ABM Consortium!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Literix Website, located at https://literix.net.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Literix if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, ABM Consortium and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Literix. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Literix for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Literix
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Literix
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Literix
- Redistribute content from Literix
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. ABM Consortium does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of ABM Consortium,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, ABM Consortium shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
ABM Consortium reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant ABM Consortium a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of ABM Consortium; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to ABM Consortium. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Literix and/ or ABM Consortium’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.